Measuring Organic Search Campaigns
Good Measurement Techniques
First we setup the SEO campaign. Then we be sure to have access to the website. The next step in our strategic ranking improvement plan is to begin keyword rank tracking. We want to know current rankings so we can clearly show the success of failure of our work.
Understanding The Benefits of SEO
Tiger29 believes our clients deserve to understand the benefits of SEO. Good measurement techniques make that possible, Tiger29 will begin to measure the performance of the website.
Keyword Rank Tracking
Tiger29 provides daily rank tracking for 50 to 500 keywords. We watch Search Engines like Google, Google Mobile, Yahoo, and Bing. Ranking comparisons are available for the previous day, as well as 7, 14, 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360 days. Upon request, clients may be granted access to view SEO reports online. Keyword rank tracking will include information like:
- Ranking Distribution – Keywords ranking on the first, second, third, etc pages of the tracked search engines.
- Ranking changes – Total number of keywords that have moved into the top 100 positions, moved up, stayed the same, moved down, and dropped out of the top 100.
- Total number of ranked pages, ranked keywords, total rankings, average position, page 1 rankings, and visibility score for each individual Search Engine.
- Estimated cost per click and estimated monthly value for capturing all traffic for a given keyword.
- Best and worst position since tracking began for individual keywords.
- Average position since tracking began for individual keywords.
Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster Tools
In addition to keyword rank tracking, competitive analysis, and Google Analytics, we also keep track of key metrics in Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. GSC has important Search Analytics with details about click through rate, impressions, and average position.
We use multiple tools to perform website audits to see if there are underlying problems with a website. These computer programs (bots) crawl through the site much like a Search Engine Bot or Spider. The goal is to uncover structural problems that impact SEO. After the SEO audit is complete we can identify which items need to be corrected or adjusted. Website auditors usually identify problems like:
- Broken Links
- Empty or Missing Page Titles
- Empty or Missing Descriptions
- Duplicate Titles or Descriptions
- Thin Content
- Spelling Errors
- Much More